[hobbit] Hobbit client doesn't report

Kevin Hanrahan kevinmhanrahan at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 31 06:38:08 CET 2007

Gentlemen,
  Thanks VERY much for your input. I found the problem. It was a naming convention. The example I sent did not have the original entry in the bb-hosts file. When I originally installed hobbit, I selected FQDN, so all my hosts had the FQDN. It looked like this:

10.10.0.6 castor.galaxy.prv # trace
however, I do not see an option in the client package to make the host report as a FQDN.

I changed the entry in the bb-hosts to use the short name while I was typing the entry to this forum. I looked later and found that
it was now collecting data.

Is this a bug or just an oversight on my part?

Ideas?....and thanks for all your help.

Kevin> Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2007 22:10:02 -0500> From: hobbit at epperson.homelinux.net> To: hobbit at hswn.dk> Subject: Re: [hobbit] Hobbit client doesn't report> > On Sun, December 30, 2007 21:43, Kevin Hanrahan wrote:> >> > Hello again all, To re-visit my question about the hobbit client, I have> > done the following:> >> > - downloaded and compiled the hobbit client on a SEPERATE machine from> > the hobbit server server = hercules client = castor - put an entry in> > bb-hosts on the server (hercules) for the client (castor) that looks like> > this: 10.10.0.6 castor # trace> >> > - configured hobbitclient.cfg on the client to look like this:> > BBDISP="10.10.0.13" # IP address of the Hobbit server> >> > - started the hobbit client on the client machine (castor)> >> > I get NO client data. All I get is the tests that are originated from the> > server (conn,info,trends)> >> >> > Any ideas?> >> > Anything in Reports-->Ghost Systems? If the client's notion of the name> to report under doesn't match bb-hosts exactly, you may find it there. If> so, fix bb-hosts and> bb 127.0.0.1 "rename <old-bb-hosts-hostname> <client-hostname>"> > To unsubscribe from the hobbit list, send an e-mail to> hobbit-unsubscribe at hswn.dk> >