[hobbit] multiple http test

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Wed Dec 12 22:08:42 CET 2007

On Tue, Dec 11, 2007 at 02:15:01AM -0500, Shah, Haresh K (GE, Corporate, consultant) wrote:
> 1.2.3.4  xyz  # cont=http1;http://xyz.com:8080/index.html;First
> cont=http11;http://xyz.com:1016;busy
>
> Now, all went fine if both the sites are up. but problem starts when one
> of the sites went down. In that case I got the "No output received from
> server" on the hobbit web page after clicking on that service & it went
> white. I need it to be red

Add a "~" in front of the "cont" tag, this will cause the content checks
to go red when http itself fails.

> My concern is why the test become white instead of red, if it didn't
> find the page only?

Because Hobbit tries not to generate too many alerts. If the webserver
itself is down, you may not want to alert all of the application
responsible people - you just want your junior sysadmin to restart
Apache.

> 2) Another thing I want to mention that initially I made two tests -
> http1 & http11. When I removed
> cont=http1;http://xyz.com:8080/index.html;First  from bb-hosts file and
> replaced http11 with http1 then old data is not refreshed!

In other words, you have a "http1" column which is now purple.
See http://www.hswn.dk/hobbit/help/hobbit-tips.html#droptest