[hobbit] how to monitor msg,files and procs

Iain Conochie iain at shihad.org
Tue Dec 11 13:15:55 CET 2007

On Mon, 2007-12-10 at 12:45 -0500, Perumal, Santoshbabu wrote:
> HI,
>
>       When I install hobbit client I have chosen client side client
> configuration am trying to monitor ordinary files, log files and
> process.

Check

> I have edited localclient.cfg in the client side and added following
> entries before Default
>
>     LOG %.* WARNING COLOR=yellow
>
>     LOG %/var/(adm|log)/messages %(I/O|read).error COLOR=red
>
>     PROC cron

What you probably want to do is add this as an entry for the host in the
hobbit-clients.cfg file on the server. That way you can have a central
location for this type of thing. However, local config is also
acceptable.

However, you will have to add an entry into the hobbit-clients.cfg file
on the hobbit server for the specific OS this client is for the logfile
monitoring. There should already be an entry for /var/log/messages so
one will be needed for /var/adm/messages

Cheers

Iain