[hobbit] Strange pinging issue

Josh Luthman josh at imaginenetworksllc.com
Mon Dec 3 17:35:40 CET 2007

I really don't think my problem is packet loss or anything like that - I
have a hard time believing that 127.0.0.1 or the public IP is unreachable of
itself.  It should noted that the duration is never more then a minute,
sometimes 7 seconds up to 45 seconds - definitely not getting two polls in
(according to what I've read it polls every 60 or 120 seconds, never quite
that 7-45 second duration).

If I ping the host from a shell I never get any packet loss or any issues,
yet Hobbit still thinks it was down for a few seconds.  This is every host I
have monitored, by the way.

Josh

--
Josh Luthman