Diagnosing client data (vmstat)

ye-fee liang yf.liang at yahoo.ca
Thu Aug 30 17:39:11 CEST 2007

Two questions:

1. what's the format of [vmstat] ouput that the Hobbit server is expecting?
The sar command is not available, so I'm substituting with iostat output that
looks like:

  [vmstat]
cpu utilizaton stat using iostat:
---------------------------------
0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 16 1 0 13 0 0 0 100
0 0   0 0   0 0 0 0 0 0   0 0 0 0 0 100 0

where the 2nd last tine is the actual iostat output (iostat 300 2)
and last line is what I think Hobbit is expecting.
  Tthe last 4 numbers, 0 0 100 0  are usr, sys, idle and iowait,
  that I parsed from iostat output.

2. on server side, how do we debug/trace when client data have arrived?
There's hist, histlogs, hostdata, logs.  I would like to see some reponse
to events like: data arriving, data interpreted/extracted, etc.

Thank you,