[hobbit] Reg Exp matching in hobbit-clients.cfg

Cooper, Ken Ken.Cooper at Intelliverse.com
Wed Aug 29 17:39:28 CEST 2007

Bill,

I have used this with success.

HOST=%(atlftp|atlldap1|atlldap2|atlldap3|atllog|atlmidware1|atlmidware2|
atlnfs1|atlnfs2|atlnfs3|atlsip1|atlsip2|atlsipc1|atlsipnot1|atlsipc2|atl
sipnot2|atlsipreg2|atltma1|atltma2|atlvdns1|atlvdns2|atlvmail1|atlvsp2|a
tlvsp3|atlsniffer1|atlsniffer2|atlmidware1|atlnfs1|atlsipreg1|atlvweb1|a
tlvweb2|atlvweb3|atlmidware1|atlnfs1|atlsipreg1|atlvmailrelay|atlvweb1|a
tlvweb2|atlvoipdb0).intelliverse.com

 Ken Cooper

________________________________

From: Bill Matthews [mailto:bill.matthews at gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 29, 2007 11:19 AM
To: hobbit at hswn.dk
Subject: [hobbit] Reg Exp matching in hobbit-clients.cfg

Greetings,

I've been able to do some basic regular expression matching using the
examples in hobbit-clients.cfg.

For example, this works fine:
HOST=%(server1|server2|server3).domain.com

But this doesn't:
HOST=%(server*).domain.com

I'm sure I'm just missing the syntax for wildcard matching?

Also is there a way to define a test for every server except some hosts?
I have a lot of tests I would love to put in the DEFAULT section, but I
have a couple hosts that the tests would fail for.

I'm wondering if something like this would be possible?
HOST=%(!badhost1|badhost2).domain.com

Thanks for the help, BM