[hobbit] About Web monitor

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Thu Aug 23 07:57:57 CEST 2007

On Wed, Aug 22, 2007 at 12:35:30PM +0800, case wrote:
> This's a browser/server architecture, we have Crystal Report 8  used(10.2.10.7).
> One IE browser with URL
> "10.2.10.7/tcard/tempSchl.rpt?user0 at c.rpt=rpt_read&password0 at c.rpt=rpt_read&user1=rpt_read&password1=rpt_read&init=actx"
> on client launched and called Crystal Report Viewer, a new IE window would be opened.
>
> How can we monitor this new IE window or content in this new IE window?

It's difficult. What I normally do in these cases is to use something
like wireshark (ethereal) to trace the requests going to the server, and
see if I can just grab one of the pages without going through the whole
series of screens that the user does. If that is not possible, then the
only way forward is to write a script to mimic the behaviour of your
browser, which can be quite tricky to do - getting everything right with
dynamic URL's, Javascript "onLoad()" functions, cookies etc. can be a lot
of work.

It isn't something that Hobbit can do automatically.