[hobbit] Log messages

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Wed Aug 15 09:05:41 CEST 2007

In <9386A1ED977B3F448D2B2A38E7FCAB7806717CF4 at CORPUSMX30A.corp.emc.com> shea_greg at emc.com writes:

>The exit status seems to be coming from Hobbit, line 528 in
>common/hobbitlaunch.c

No, it's from the script. The code you're referring to picks up the exit code
from the child process that runs the script; or - if the process was terminated
by a signal - then it picks up the signal number. hobbitlaunch uses the wait3()
routine (line 512) to get the exit status code, and then the WIFEXITED/WEXITSTATUS
macros (line 517/518) for a process that terminates normally and the
WIFSIGNALED/WTERMSIG macros (line 527/528) for processes terminated by a signal.
All of this comes from the child process exit code.

Linenumbers from Hobbit 4.2.0.

>The emcpp script returns 0, temp script returns 1.  The log data is from
>clientlaunch.log.

How did you check that? Remember to run the scripts as the Hobbit user, since
access rights may be different for your account and the Hobbit account.

>My standard client package includes these tests, as most of the machines
>here do run PowerPath and DellOM.  The interesting thing about temp is my
>BBOSTYPE variable has an extra carriage return in it.

A bit unusual - BBOSTYPE normally comes from the "uname -s" output - but it's
got nothing to do with the log messages you see.