[hobbit] Log messages

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Tue Aug 14 22:38:19 CEST 2007

On Tue, Aug 14, 2007 at 08:20:49PM +0000, shea4th at comcast.net wrote:
> I'm seeing the following information in my client logs and it raises a couple of questions
>
> 2007-07-27 16:14:07 Task emcpp terminated, status 5
> 2007-07-27 16:14:07 Task temp terminated, status 5
> 2007-08-01 08:12:34 Task emcpp terminated, status 7
> 2007-08-01 08:12:34 Task temp terminated, status 7
>
> First, is there any way to debug this?  I want to know why these tests terminated
> and why is it logging.
> Secondly, what do the different status levels mean?

The number is just the exit code from the script. Normally you'd have an
"exit 0" at the end of the script when everything is OK.

These are custom client-side scripts you're running, so what the
different status numbers mean I cannot tell.

Debugging - you can run the scripts by hand, and then get the exit code
from the "$?" environment right after the script finishes.