[hobbit] problems configuring client?

Tom Georgoulias tomg at mcclatchyinteractive.com
Mon Aug 13 14:09:30 CEST 2007

Andreas Kuntzagk wrote:

> I'm quite new to Hobbit and to this list. I managed to install hobbit on
> a server and also on a few clients. So far, so good. But now I have
> problems with just one client:
> It's data doesn't appear on the webpage.

> Only differences in configuration is that the failing client is also
> monitored for imaps and some rpc. The status of these is displayed.

> Any idea what could cause this problem? Where could I search for more
> information?

Is data for that client showing up under the Reports->Ghost Clients
menu?  That's the first place I'd check since some clients do not use
the exact same hostname you chose in bb-hosts for their status messages.
  If that is the case, you can use the CLIENT: tag in bb-hosts to work
around that.
--
Tom Georgoulias
Sr. Systems Engineer