Grouping alerts for multiple hosts. (purple)

Gregory Wege gwege at infomanage.net
Wed Aug 1 17:36:32 CEST 2007

Hello,

                I'm in the process of upgrading from bb to hobbit. In BB
I had written a few custom tests that would grep through the bb status
logs for a group of hosts matching color purple, it would then report
what it found  and bb would send out an alert based on the results.
This allowed me to monitor the status of our remote offices, if it went
down I would receive a sms page.

Basically I want to receive one single alert if this remote office goes
offline, not a page for every device. Is there a way to handle this
natively in hobbit? I cannot do conn based testing.

I know I will not be able to use this, however, I started messing around
with the conn tests and the route: flag within bb-hosts but I was
unsuccessful with getting it to work in my test environment. The servers
would not change to clear status if the gateway reported as red (down).

Thanks
Greg