[hobbit] hobbit(bb) port 1984 encryption with stunnel

Tod Hansmann thansmann at directpointe.com
Mon Apr 30 17:06:49 CEST 2007

For 1 & 2, I have some info.

1) No, you can't have it use the same port to accept both traffic.  That
would break the rules of networking, so you have to have unencrypted
traffic listening on a different port, OR have some really fancy
iptables rules that I'd rather not think about in detail.

2) I'm not sure what you're referring to here, but if I have it correct,
you want to redirect encrypted messages (after they've been unencrypted)
to another port on the same server?  That's easily doable with iptables
rules, but that will be a learning curve.  Stunnel may even have
functionality built in to do this already anyway, so you may want to
look at stunnel's documentation for that.

3) You probably want to check with the stunnel mailing list and/or
documentation on this.  I don't know anything about stunnel or its
native capabilities.  Sorry =c)

Hope that helps.

Tod Hansmann
Network Engineer