[hobbit] Monitoring of MS Exchange

Tod Hansmann thansmann at directpointe.com
Thu Apr 19 15:57:22 CEST 2007

There's nothing built in to hobbit to check detailed information on Exchange other than services like smtp and whatnot.  Whereas big brother would just check if a port was listening, hobbit has the ability to pass information across and check responses, so that extends it beyond just "basic" availability in my mind, but to each his own.

You could easily write some scripts to check such things, and the BBWin client might have some functionality (we don't use it at the moment), but that's outside the realm of my experience with hobbit.  Apologies for not knowing it as well as I should on that end.

If you find anything that does check more in depth, that would be quite interesting.  I'm sure it's been done before.

Tod Hansmann
Network Engineer