[hobbit] hobbitdxboard - Should xboard honor the fields= definition ?

s_aiello at comcast.net s_aiello at comcast.net
Tue Apr 17 17:32:58 CEST 2007

On Tuesday 17 April 2007 11:23, Henrik Stoerner wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 13, 2007 at 09:48:35AM -0400, s_aiello at comcast.net wrote:
> > I am playing with hobbitdboard & hobbitdxboard. Should the hobbitdxboard
> > honor the fields= definition like hobbitdboard does ?
>
> It doesn't.
>
> I don't know if it's OK in XML to leave out certain attributes - I
> suppose it is, and in that case there shouldn't be a problem with
> implementing the "fields" option to hobbitdxboard.
>
> > In my testing I have found that it does not. Most desireable would be
> > to choose to have the full log msg listed.
>
> The <MessageSummary> attribute has the first line of the status message,
> which is usually a summary of the data. The amount XML data generated by
> hobbitdxboard is already rather large - I'd rather not increase that
> much more.

Thinking back on the sheer amount of data now, I have to agree with you.
Initially I was asking since I am being asked about the capability of other
in-house webapp tools pulling data out of Hobbit. I think the data provided
already in the XML feed is plenty. If those other tools want to provide the
Log msg, well the can just have a hyperlink to the hobbit report via
hobbit-cgi/bb-hostsvc.sh.

Other tools really don't even have this option, i.e. Quest's FogLight. So I
really have to thank you that it is so easy in Hobbit.

Thank you for your response,
 ~Steve