[hobbit] hobbitdxboard - Should xboard honor the fields= definition ?

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Tue Apr 17 17:23:34 CEST 2007

On Fri, Apr 13, 2007 at 09:48:35AM -0400, s_aiello at comcast.net wrote:
> I am playing with hobbitdboard & hobbitdxboard. Should the hobbitdxboard honor
> the fields= definition like hobbitdboard does ?

It doesn't.

I don't know if it's OK in XML to leave out certain attributes - I
suppose it is, and in that case there shouldn't be a problem with
implementing the "fields" option to hobbitdxboard.

> In my testing I have found that it does not. Most desireable would be
> to choose to have the full log msg listed.

The <MessageSummary> attribute has the first line of the status message,
which is usually a summary of the data. The amount XML data generated by
hobbitdxboard is already rather large - I'd rather not increase that
much more.