[hobbit] ZFS Monitoring Script

Mike Rowell Mike.Rowell at Rightmove.co.uk
Thu Apr 12 17:13:43 CEST 2007

Sorry made a typo when trying some new functionality, working version
attached.

Mike

________________________________

From: Mike Rowell [mailto:Mike.Rowell at Rightmove.co.uk]
Sent: 12 April 2007 15:15
To: hobbit at hswn.dk
Subject: [hobbit] ZFS Monitoring Script

Okay here it is, it's small but does the following.

File system HEALTH.

ONLINE = green

DEGRADED = yellow

FAULTED = red

File system sizes are set to alert yellow at 80% capacity and red at
90%, the variables to alter this are at the top of the file.  It doesn't
check scrub status as yet as I'm not to sure what the scrub will report
back, so once I've got some scrubbing underway I'll adjust the script to
take into account scrubbing.

This was something I threw together in 15minutes as we just realized
that UFS would not suit the requirements of a project and therefore we
had to move to ZFS.  Enhancements I'm working on are to display all the
storage devices in the pools and their health and also read / write and
checksum errors, but they will have to wait for a bit.

Mike Rowell

Systems Team Leader

* Email: Mike.Rowell at rightmove.co.uk
<mailto:Mike.Rowell at rightmove.co.uk>
* Tel:   020 7514 9837
* Fax:  0845 330 2311

www.rightmove.co.uk <http://www.rightmove.co.uk/>  - the UK's number 1
property website

legally privileged. The content and views expressed are those of the
sender and not necessarily Rightmove plc. If you are not the intended
recipient, you must not disclose, copy or use any part of it. Please
delete all copies immediately and notify the sender. Rightmove plc is
registered in England and Wales, No. 03997679. Registered Office:
Rightmove plc, Grafton Court, Snowdon Drive, Milton Keynes, MK6 1AJ.

This email has been scanned for all viruses by the MessageLabs service.