[hobbit] need advice

Charles Goyard charles.goyard at orange-ftgroup.com
Tue Apr 10 15:30:11 CEST 2007

Galen Johnson wrote :
> Ok, I'm writing a couple of custom monitors for some tasks at the
> office.  These can be either client or server scripts and can easily be
> scripted either way.  What would you recommend for server versus client
> extensions?  What criteria would you use to decide?  Some guidelines
> would be helpful for determining which type of script to pursue.

Hi,

I tend to write server-side scripts whenever possible. It prevents
people from slightly changing scripts without notice. It sometimes is
handy to have both server-side and client-side (reporting the exact same
information). For instance, I can monitor most database server remotely,
but some customers don't like the idea of remote access. So the script
runs locally (and gets its config from the hobbit server).

Charles Goyard - charles.goyard at orange-ftgroup.com - (+33) 1 45 38 01 31