[hobbit] need advice

Kern, Thomas Thomas.Kern at hq.doe.gov
Tue Apr 10 15:19:26 CEST 2007

My advice is if the custom monitor works for more than 1 client, put it
on the server to centralize it. When it needs to be changed, change it
once on the server and all the client displays get properly changed.

Now if you need to add data to the client-data stream, you will have to
modify the real hobbit-client script to include the new data, but do it
so that it can run on all clients even if the data is not available on
some client. Then use the server-side processing of client-data to do
the analysis, reporting, alerting and rrdtool updates.

I have a TSM backup reporting script that I run on some of my clients,
but after 4.3 comes out, I will work on including the TSM status data in
the client-data stream and modify the server to analyze it and report on
it.

/Thomas Kern
/301-903-2211