[hobbit] Hostname in tree but no hostinfo

Tod Hansmann thansmann at directpointe.com
Mon Apr 9 21:23:35 CEST 2007

Just found the problem.  We had mrtg polling these machines.  I imagine
hobbit didn't know what to do with the data.  I took out the hosts in
the mrtg.cfg and redid the 'bb 127.0.0.1 "drop hostname"' and that got
rid of the messages.

For anyone doing a search on the message, it seems (to me) to mean that
hobbit got some info it doesn't know exactly where to send off.

For anyone's reference, we use the bbmrtg.pl script to integrate mrtg
with hobbit, not the built in integration.

Hope this helps someone else.  And thanks for the reply Rich.  You sent
me on a path that led to the solution, even if indirectly.  =c)

Tod Hansmann
Network Engineer