[hobbit] Graph the cpu usage of certain processes

Hubbard, Greg L greg.hubbard at eds.com
Wed Apr 4 16:45:06 CEST 2007

You would have to write that.  The data you need is in the output of the
procs test, but you would have to catch that on the way in and generate
the RRD data that would work in your custom graph.

I am hoping that this finds its way into the overall Hobbit mechanism
somehow so:

* I can detect when any process starts using more CPU than it should for
long periods of time -- though this may be difficult because Hobbit
would have to start keeping records instead of setting state based on
the most recent sample.

* I can detect when a process that SHOULD be using CPU DOES NOT. (see
above)

* I can do what you want to do -- aggregate the CPU usage for key
processes and look at them over time -- helps separate the wheat from
the chaff in the process listing, and might also help with simple
capacity planning.

I would like to be able to watch memory and swap usage, too!

GLH