[hobbit] Downtime

Allan Spencer allan at zandahar.net
Mon Apr 2 02:01:22 CEST 2007

Bill Hart wrote:

> I’ve dug through the documentation and searched the archives, but I’m
> still having an issue with the downtime option.
>
> I’ve only got one device that needs it and I added it as such :
>
> ip name #http://ip DOWNTIME=*:*:0230:0630:Scheduled_Downtime
>
> The info page displays it properly as :
>
> Planned downtime: All days:*:0230:0630:Scheduled_Downtime
>
> Yet when I have this in the bb-hosts file, bbtest stops running
> sometime in the night. Last night it was midnight. A couple of nights
> before it was 2am.
>
> Checking the history.log I see it says “Cannot open status historyfile
> ‘/home/hobbit/data/hist/machine.test for several machines, but not all
> of them.
>
> The hobbitd.log shows that I had the DOWNTIME configuration set
> slightly wrong previously, however it is clean since I removed the
> line and then updated it with the line you see above (something I
> gleaned from the archives about needing 2 *s).
>
> It’s a Fedora Core 6 box running the latest and greatest of
> everything. Hobbit is all it does, it’s got mrtg and bb-xsnmp running
> as well.
>
> Does anyone have any pointers on where to go from here ?
>
> Bill Hart
>
> Computer Support Supervisor
>
> */Always make it your best^® ^ /*

Not sure what the man pages say it should be but this is what we have on
hosts for example DOWNTIME=*:0830:0900

Not sure why your putting an extra *: on there as I thought this was
meant to apply to the day ? Also I didnt know you could put a
description there ? ou may be able to but I've never bothered so I cant
comment

HTH
Allan