[hobbit] Informal survey about commercial support for Hobbit

T.J. Yang tj_yang at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 22 12:24:33 CEST 2006

<snip>

>Sorry again for bothering the other...

To me, this is informational message.

<snip>

>We are currently busy to set up a "Global Monitoring" project in which
>we are now in the phase to decide which way to go:
>
>1. use Open source tools (Hobbit, bigbrother (not really open source),
>Nagios
>
>2. Outsourcing the whole monitoring/alarming to an external provider
>
>3. Use Enterprise class systems (Tivoli, MicroMuse, CA, HP Openview...)
>
>After our last discussion it's getting clear that we will recommend
>using an Open source tool, preferably Hobbit, as the 1. option to the
>management.
>There are a couple of reasons for that, I guess you should best know it
>:)

So looks like you guys came to conclusion of selecting Hobbit by
discussions, correct ?
Is there a requirement analysis document that can be shared ?

I really like to see how Hobbit compare to Tivoli,CA .. enterprise class
systems.
Management would like to see unbiased review of monitoring systems.

I made an attempt to do some comparison but turn out I don't have enough
time and knowledge
to do a fair comparsion.

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/System_Monitoring_with_Hobbit/User_Guide#System_Monitoring_Software_Comparison

Is there a third-party that can spent time on doing this task ?

Regards

tj

<snip>
>Johann