[hobbit] Hobbit & NetApp: can client check DISK look at NFS mounts?

Francesco Duranti fduranti at q8.it
Wed Sep 20 21:28:07 CEST 2006

You can use hobbit_perl_client
http://sourceforge.net/projects/hobbit-perl-cl/
One of the 3 script is done to monitor netapp filers via rsh (I'm
monitoring 10 netapp storage with it).
It check status, cluster, environment and temperature, disk and inode,
transfer and ops/s (via sysstat), cifs operation/s, snapshot space,
space used by the newest and oldest snapshot, snapmirror transfer, qtree
quotas and user quotas. Disk, inode, cpu and temperature can be graphed
directly by hobbit. Sysstat can be graphed using ncv and to have graphs
for snapmirror/snapshot/quotas you've to patch hobbit 4.2 source with
the included patch (this will also remove the necessity to configure ncv
for the other tests because they're included in the patch).
If you need help to setup or more info feel free ask :D

Francesco