[hobbit] Desktop Client

Stef Coene stef.coene at docum.org
Wed Sep 20 20:15:31 CEST 2006

On Wednesday 20 September 2006 19:21, Rob Munsch wrote:
> i *am* running linux; however my goal is to move towards events coming
> to find me.  I never want to have 8 different desktops, as that's kind
> of what i'm trying to get away from :D.
What?  Multiple desktops are nice: desktop 1 is for slashdot, desktop 2 is for
private mail, desktop 8 is for corporate mail, desktop 7 is voor long running
tasks, ...

> The point is you still have to
> go look at what the taskbar is saying on that desktop.
Mhh, it's not really the taskbar, it's the more the applet that shows an
overview of your desktops (I'm running kde).  It shows the icon for the
applications that are running maximizes and for konqueror, this is the
favicon of the web page.

Stef