[hobbit] Desktop Client

Stef Coene stef.coene at docum.org
Wed Sep 20 19:00:35 CEST 2006

On Wednesday 20 September 2006 17:28, Rob Munsch wrote:
> Epp, Matthew Contractor PEO EIS AKO wrote:
> > I have created an application using wxpython that reports Hobbit/Big
> > Brother events directly to your desktop, for either Unix or Windows
> > platforms.
>
> I'd very much like to try this - we whipped up a small silly perl script
> which was dubbed Sauron to "keep an eye on hobbit."  It's just a desktop
> widget that reflects the color of the main status page.  Same reason;
> easier to notice the colored eye sitting there, than to be staring at
> the webpage and let's not even talk about email ,-).
I'm running linux on my laptop.  I have 8 different desktops and when you have
a webpage open on a desktop, the taskbar shows the favicon for that webpage.
So when I have hobbit running on a desktop I always see the hobbit status in
myu webpage.  (It's easier to see in a screen shot then to explain it, just
runs linux and you will see ;) ).

Stef