[hobbit] pb with hobbit-perl-client and dbcheck

Olivier Boyaval oboyaval at ch-bethune.fr
Tue Sep 19 12:56:12 CEST 2006

Hello,

Francesco Duranti a écrit :
> Some more information from the README of DBD::Oracle 1.18a
>
> From: John Scoles <scoles at pythian.com>
> Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2005 10:48:47 -0700 (EST)
> Subject: RE: Oracle 10g Instantclient
>
> The Makefile.PL will now work for  Oracle 10g Instantclient. To have
> both the Compile and
> the test.pl to work you must first have the LD_LIBRARY_PATH correctly
> set to your
> "instantclient" directory.
> (http://www.oracle.com/technology/tech/oci/instantclient/instantclient.h
> tml)
> The present version of the make creates a link on your "instantclient"
> directory as follows
> "ln -s libclntsh.so.10.1 libclntsh.so". It is needed for both the
> makefile creation and the compile
> but is not need for the test.pl. It should be removed after the compile.
> If the Makefile.PL or make fails try creating this link directly in your
> "instantclient" directory.
>
> Hoping this could solve the problem...

I have recompiled the DBD:Oracle correctly and "make test" it's OK when
I set correctly the ORACLE_USERID variable.

LD_LIBRARY_PATH and ORACLE_HOME are correctly setting

In command "server\bin\bbcmd bash", I have verified this 2 variables and
made the "make test". the result is OK.

When I test with dbcheck.pl (in bbcmd) I have always the same error :

Tue Sep 19 12:41:37 2006:CALL : Hobbit_fd_lib::open_db_connection line 741
Tue Sep 19 12:41:37 2006:DEBUG: db_conn ERRCONNECT=ERROR
OCIEnvNlsCreate. Check ORACLE_HOME env var, NLS settings, permissions, etc.

I have added the print of perl variables before connecting to verify and
I have
$db = DBI:Oracle:host=server;port=1521;sid=SID

Olivier

--
Olivier Boyaval