[hobbit] Disabled systems stay that way, even after enabling them

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Fri Sep 8 11:05:17 CEST 2006

On Wed, Sep 06, 2006 at 05:38:57PM -0400, Epp, Matthew Contractor PEO EIS AKO wrote:
> > I see this again and again-systems that I "disable" because I am working
> on them "stay" in a disabled (blue) state, even after I enable them.
> > Any ideas..?   Is there a way to 'clear' the disabled (blue) state?
>
> The only time I see this happen is when the client isn't running. The blue
> state won't change until it gets a status update for each service. You've
> verified this? Maybe try manually sending a new status to the display server
> with the ./bb command?

Well ... what color should it be if not blue ?

If I've disabled a system for 14 days, it is not correct to make the
status go back to whatever it was two weeks ago. It could go purple
(indicating the current data is stale), but that would easily trigger
lots of bogus alerts from the time you enable a system until the status
messages do get updated (typically a 5 minute interval).

So it stays blue, until it gets a genuine status update. A simple
solution with a well-defined result.