[hobbit] make error - hobbit 4.2.0

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Wed Sep 6 23:42:26 CEST 2006

On Wed, Sep 06, 2006 at 11:38:11PM +0200, K. wrote:
> ok, have tried it again - edited config.h
>
> same error, but without "conflicting types for 'socklen_t'
>

> In file included from /home/hobbit/hobbit-4.2.0/include/../lib/
> ipaccess.h:15,
>                  from /home/hobbit/hobbit-4.2.0/include/libbbgen.h:58,
>                  from acklog.c:28:
> /usr/include/sys/socket.h:535: error: static declaration of
> 'sendfile' follows non-static declaration
> /usr/include/sys/socket.h:506: error: previous declaration of
> 'sendfile' was here

So your system-wide /usr/include/sys/socket.h file disagrees with itself
about how to declare the "sendfile" routine. It's declared at line 506
and line 535 in the socket.h file (which is not part of Hobbit).

I don't know enough about HP-UX to figure out why it does that.
But it doesn't seem like a Hobbit problem, since Hobbit just uses a
standard header file (socket.h).

Does any of the HP-UX knowledgable people around here have an idea
what's wrong?