[hobbit] bbtest-net hangs

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Mon Sep 4 11:11:45 CEST 2006

On Mon, Sep 04, 2006 at 09:16:34AM +0100, Iain M Conochie wrote:

>    I am having an issue with hobbit 4.2.0 built on a RedHat 9.0 system.
> Basically, after running for about 15 hours or so, the bbtest-net command
> hangs, and all network tests turn purple.

That's obviously bad. I suppose you killed off the bbtest-net process to
get things running again. If it happens again, could you kill it with
   kill -6 <bbtest-net PID>
This causes it to dump a core-file in the ~hobbit/server/tmp/ directory
which should help me track down where it is hanging.

Did you notice if the process was using a lot of cpu time, or if it
was just completely stalled? Was there an "fping" or "hobbitping"
process hanging around also?