[hobbit] All network tests now purple - update

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Fri Oct 27 22:49:27 CEST 2006

On Thu, Oct 26, 2006 at 01:43:02PM -0500, Rich Smrcina wrote:
> I rebooted the machine now after having installed the update and now I
> see this in bb-network.log:
>
> *** glibc detected *** corrupted double-linked list: 0x0000000080051ae0 ***
>
> No core file.

This does indicate some sort of bad memory access by bbtest-net.
Unfortunately, it doesn't provide much clue about what caused this
problem.

Since it's glibc, I suppose it's on an Intel-based system ? In that
case, it would be helpful if you could pick up the "Valgrind" utility;
it is included in some Linux distributions, but you can also grab it
from valgrind.org. Once you have it, you can run bbtest-net with the
command

   valgrind --log-file=vlg.log bbtest-net [any bbtest-net options]

If there's a memory access error, it should catch it right away.
I'd be interested to see the logfile it produces.