[hobbit] bbdisplay core dump

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Thu Oct 26 12:30:04 CEST 2006

On Thu, Oct 26, 2006 at 11:11:47AM +0100, Jones, Jason (Altrincham) wrote:
> Still a really odd issue though, personally I don't really know what
> "make clean" does in terms of compilation etc. but maybe there is a
> conflict somewhere that this resolves?

"make clean" deletes all of the files that are generated when running
"make", so it forces a full re-compile of all of the source files.

I *think* this issue might be related to a change in the parameters used
for one of the internal Hobbit functions. If "make" doesn't get the
dependencies right it may not re-compile all of the source-files that
this change affected, so you will end up with some calls to the function
using one set of parameters, and other calls to the function using a
different set of parameters. Needless to say, this can cause all sorts
of weird problems.