[hobbit] Can the main Hobbit entry page be organized into sections?

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Sat Oct 14 09:00:16 CEST 2006

On Sat, Oct 14, 2006 at 03:28:08PM +0900, Mostardi, David  (MDL US) wrote:

> Is the bb-hosts file at http://www.hswn.dk/hobbit-cgi/viewconf.sh the same
> one that creates the main entry page at http://www.hswn.dk/hobbit/bb.html?

Yes.

> I'm trying to figure out a way to organize the main Hobbit entry page (or
> any page of subpages) into sections, something like this:
>

> 	Infrastructure
> 	--------------
> 	DNS  (green dot)
> 	Security (dot)
> 	VPN (dot)
>

> 	Development
> 	-----------
> 	Source code (dot)
> 	Build servers (dot)
> 	QA (dot)

You need to use the "title" tag in the bb-hosts file. Try something like
this:

  title Infrastructure
  page dns DNS
  ...your dns servers here...
  page security Security
  ...your security servers here...
  page vpn VPN
  ...your VPN servers here...

  title Development
  page sourcecode Source code
  ...your source-code servers here...
  page buildservers Build servers
  ...your build servers here...
  page qa QA
  ...your qa servers here...

You might want to look at changing the "--subpagecolumns=2" option for bbgen
(the BBGENOPTS setting in hobbitserver.cfg); in your case, 3 pages per row
might be nicer.

> You seem to be trying to do that at http://www.hswn.dk/hobbit/bb.html, with
> a section called "Pages Hosted Locally" and another section below called
> "Remote Status Display" (though I understand that's a host and not a
> subpage). I can't see anything in the bb-hosts file that says "Remote Status
> Display", so I confess I'm not sure how that part is getting displayed on
> the entry page.

Those headings are automatic.  The "Remote status display" is a section
for other Hobbit servers that report a summary status to my server.