[hobbit] Script to configure and show graphs and group of graphs

Charles Jones jonescr at cisco.com
Fri Oct 13 02:25:56 CEST 2006

This sounds cool! I had a discussion with some coworkers yesterday, who
were asking me how long Hobbit keeps its data. I showed them how the rrd
files kept data for 576 days. They then asked me how we could retain
data longer than that. I was thinking we could periodically (every
quarter?) archive the rrd files to another dir or storage, and start
fresh. They then asked me how we would look at those graphs from older
archived rrd files, to which I am not sure.

It sounds to me like your tool could be an answer, if it could be
modified to use an alternate location of rrd files. This would allow
viewing older data that was no longer accessible via the normal Hobbit
interface.

-Charles