[hobbit] ARM platform

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Tue Oct 10 08:31:23 CEST 2006

On Mon, Oct 09, 2006 at 09:23:48PM -0400, Jeff Stoner wrote:
> I'll ask but I suspect I know what the answer is already: has anyone
> done a port to the ARM platform yet? Specifically, I'm using a Intel
> XScale PXA255 on a Gumstix (http://www.gumstix.com).
>
> It's situations like this where autoconf comes in real handy. I imagine
> I'll have to hack the entire configure "system" to get this working.

It's more of a question what OS is on these boxes. As far as I can
see from the webpage they are running Linux, so it really should
compile "out of the box" without any problems.

BTW, one of the systems I have here is an ARM-based NetWinder. See
http://www.hswn.dk/hobbit-cgi/bb-hostsvc.sh?HOST=rebel.hswn.dk&SERVICE=info

Hostname:	rebel.hswn.dk
OS:	Linux rebel 2.4.27-netwinder #1 Thu Sep 14 09:44:35 UTC 2006 armv4l GNU/Linux

It's a small box, but it handles DNS, DHCP, NTP and UPS-control quite
nicely for my home network.

autoconf is good, but I didn't use it from the start - and converting
code to use autoconf after it's been written appears to be very time-
consuming. So I try to write code that is portable instead. So far, it
has worked well :-)