[hobbit] bbgen program crashed?

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Thu Oct 5 22:37:27 CEST 2006

On Thu, Oct 05, 2006 at 10:26:52AM -0400, Dean Casey wrote:

> My guess would be that in a running server, some images or libraries in
> memory that won't match what's on disk if you do a recompile without
> first shutting down any running Hobbit processes.

It generally a good thing to shut down while running the "make install"
that copies the executables into place - as you say, some systems are
not quite fond of having the running executables disappear.

But I cannot really see why it would affect the "bbgen" program, which
only runs for a few seconds (at the most) every minute.