Client data not appearing on hobbit server

Allan.Marillier at dana.com Allan.Marillier at dana.com
Wed Nov 29 16:13:29 CET 2006

I know I've had this problem once before but I don't remember how I
resolved it, and have not yet been able to find an answer while searching
the archives. Any clues, please help!

I have a server running hobbit-4.1.2p1 on Fedora Core 4, and a new one I
am migrating to which is running hobbit-4.2.0 on Fedora Core 6.

On the older 4.1.2p1 server I have many client servers correctly reporting
their data (CPU, memory, filesystems etc.) and a few that are not. Only
the conn, ssh, ftp, html etc tests initiated by the server are displaying
data. My entry in bb-hosts is exactly the same as for some other servers
where data is being correctly reported and all hobbit client processes
look normal with nothing unusual in log files. In troubleshooting today I
also compiled and started the 4.1.2p1 client on an HP-UX server and
verified all configs there look good.

I also have some servers configured on the 4.2.0 server running the client
installed from the pre-built FC5-hobbit-client-4.2.0-1.i386.rpm that are
not reporting in any of the data.  Both servers have plenty of available
disk and seem to be functioning normally.

The hobbit server IP address is correctly configured in BBDISP in
hobbitclient.cfg on the 4.1.2p1 client, and in HOBBITSERVERS in
/etc/default/hobbit-client. In both cases, I can telnet to port 1984 of
the hobbit servers from the clients

The hobbit processes are running correctly:
hobbit   21472     1  0 Nov23 ?        00:00:00
/usr/lib/hobbit/client/bin/hobbitlaunch
--config=/usr/lib/hobbit/client/etc/clientlaunch.cfg
--log=/usr/lib/hobbit/client/logs/clientlaunch.log
--pidfile=/usr/lib/hobbit/client/logs/clientlaunch.plmws01.pid
hobbit    7855     1  0 09:44 ?        00:00:00 sh -c vmstat 300 2
1>/usr/lib/hobbit/client/tmp/hobbit_vmstat.plmws01.7838 2>&1; mv
/usr/lib/hobbit/client/tmp/hobbit_vmstat.plmws01.7838
/usr/lib/hobbit/client/tmp/hobbit_vmstat.plmws01
hobbit    7857  7855  0 09:44 ?        00:00:00 vmstat 300 2

Log files look normal:
-rw-rw-r--  1 hobbit hobbit 452 Nov 25 11:32 clientlaunch.log
-rw-rw-r--  1 hobbit hobbit   6 Nov 23 21:55 clientlaunch.plmws01.pid
-rw-rw-r--  1 hobbit hobbit   0 Nov 23 21:55 hobbitclient.log

cat clientlaunch.log:
2006-11-29 09:54:17 hobbitlaunch starting
/usr/lib/hobbit/client/etc/clientlaunch.cfg

Thanks!
</PRE>
<hr>

English, Francais, Espanol, Deutsch, Italiano, Portugues:<br>
<hr>