[hobbit] theshire and SF

Ralph Mitchell ralphmitchell at gmail.com
Tue Nov 21 05:00:42 CET 2006

On 11/20/06, Galen Johnson <gjohnson at trantor.org> wrote:
> Ok,
>
> I'm getting really frustrated with SF's limitations.  For a project like
> The Shire I'm beginning to believe that it needs something a bit more
> flexible.  I've decided to use a wiki to hold the site but most wikis
> require write privs to the filesystem...if only for the sessions.  SF
> mounts all sites as read-only which really limits what can be done
> (hell, I was playing around with adding a page counter and couldn't even
> get that to work properly).
>
> I'm currently looking at a couple of other options and was hoping to
> have something up this week while I was off.

Does it *have* to be SourceForge??  You might want to take a look at
something like http://www.wikispaces.com/  I'm not affiliated in any
way, I've just been looking through the wiki belonging to the
MisterHouse home automation project.  They say that public wikis are
free, but the owner gets to decide who can edit pages.

Ralph Mitchell