[patch] debian hobbit client init script

Gildas Le Nadan gn1 at sanger.ac.uk
Mon Nov 20 16:22:39 CET 2006

Hi,

As I said earlier we want the hobbit client script to remove the
temporary files and kill the rogue processes when stopped, mainly so the
hobbit-client installation/upgrade process through cfengine runs smoothly.

Here is a patch to the debian hobbit client init script to do the
following actions when the hobbit client is stopped:
- remove the /var/run/hobbitclient-runtime.cfg file
- kill the unwanted vmstat processes that were left running
- remove any files owned by hobbit from /tmp

Patch may be applied on 4.2.0 with allinone patch applied, using:

  cd hobbit-4.2.0
  patch -p1 < /path/to/patch/hobbitclient_clean.patch

Comments to help polishing this solution are more than welcome!

Cheers
Gildas