[hobbit] Hobbit

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Mon Nov 20 11:06:00 CET 2006

Hi CJ,

You sent your mail to the Hobbit mailing list, but it seems you haven't
(yet) subscribed to the list - so I've bcc'ed you on this reply.

I'm sorry to hear that someone decided on using Hobbit without listening
to the people who actually will be using the monitoring system. That's a
bad start for any type of software deployment.

However, since the decision has been made, I suggest that we try to make
the best of it. As the main Hobbit developer, I could certainly use some
input from people like You who have lots of experience with other
systems - there are always things that can be improved. And I must admit
that I haven't had the patience to really work with Nagios, so that is
a "competitor" I do not have a lot of knowledge about. So there is
definitely some things I could learn from Your experience.

Questions, suggestions for improvements and just general cries for help
are always welcome at hobbit at hswn.dk - I'd recommend that You subscribe
to the list if you want to be sure to see the responses.