[hobbit] LDAP Test

James Wade jkwade at futurefrontiers.com
Wed Nov 15 00:11:19 CET 2006

Thanks Henrik,

I tried that and it didn't work.

I've put several variations
in bb-hosts, but ldap, always comes back green saying
it's O.K., it never seems to actually go try to
do an LDAP test.

Is there a manual process I can use to see if it's
trying to do the ldap test.

One thing is that I originally compiled the program
without LDAP support enabled, then went back and
re-enabled support and recompiled and installed.
Would perhaps something not get changed in the config
files that should have?

It's as though the bb-hosts entry ignores anything
after the ldap:hostname designation.

On another note, I tried using another port in the
designation: ldap:hostname:3890, another  system
we have uses different port number for ldap. However, this
would not work either. It kept going to port 389 verse
3890, and they don't have an ldap on that port.

Thanks for the help...James