Implementation Assistance - New User

James Wade jkwade at futurefrontiers.com
Fri Nov 3 15:48:29 CET 2006

Hello All,

I'm still having difficulties moving my existing Big Brother

install over to Hobbit. I'm considering just continuing to

use Big Brother. I'll do a summary to the group once

I've gotten everything moved over and the problems that

I've had.

I need assistance with the clients. The server is working.

1) I did one client yesterday, and some of the scripts that
I got from deadcat don't work. The reason is they source

bbsource.local, so I'm working on that.

What have other folks done with regard to deadcat scripts
sourcing bbssys.local?

2)  I had larrd installed on Big Brother, and assumed that
the larrd scripts on the clients could be disabled because
Hobbit did iostat and vmstat. However, they turned purple.

So, I restarted the larrd scripts from within Hobbit. However,
they still stay purple. They don't seem to update properly.

Do you have to use larrd on the clients or does Hobbit do
an iostat, vmstat test like larrd?

3) Does anyone use Hobbit for clients? I'm considering just
living my clients using Big Brother because of less implementation

hours.  What's the advantage to moving to hobbit?

4) Are there any additional add-ins for hobbit, ie.. plugins

Thanks..James