bbtest-net.c

Bradley Wallace Bradley_Wallace at glic.com
Wed Nov 1 21:03:25 CET 2006

Hobbit Server - version 4.1.2p1

When a server that's monitored by Hobbit does not respond to ping (it's
down), Hobbit generates the following message:

nro6000c:conn red [201160]
red <!-- [flags:ordAstILe] --> Wed Nov  1 13:22:18 2006 conn NOT ok
Service conn on nro6000c is not OK : Host does not respond to ping
System unreachable for 1 poll periods (0 seconds)
&red 10.102.0.197 is unreachable
See http://Hobbit/hobbit-cgi/bb-hostsvc.sh?HOSTSVC=nro6000c.conn

The "!" in the second line of the message causes problems in Linux when
handling the error message with ksh shell scripts.

I believe that this message is generated by bbnet/bbtest-net.c, line 1582.
If I take out the exclamation, is there a way I can just recompile
bbtest-net.c and insert it into Hobbit, without re-making the whole
installation?
Or am I better off re-making the whole thing?

<P><hr size=1></P><br>
<P><STRONG><br>
This message, and any attachments to it, may contain information<br>
that is privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under<br>
applicable law.  If the reader of this message is not the intended<br>
recipient, you are notified that any use, dissemination,<br>
distribution, copying, or communication of this message is strictly<br>
prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please<br>
notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete the<br>
message and any attachments.  Thank you.<br>
</STRONG></P>