[hobbit] Hobbit-perl-notes

Francesco Duranti fduranti at q8.it
Wed Nov 1 16:01:29 CET 2006

> 		This is great!  The only problem I'm having is
> if I define a
> 		Link, the link URL is ignored and instead the
> link that is
> 		created is a link to the notes page. A sample
> link definition
> 		that I am using is:
> 		"Reports URL|Internal
> Link|http://internal.reports.mydomain.com/"
>
> 		When I view the notes for the host, the
> "Internal Link" takes
> 		me to
>
> https://hobbitserver/hobbit-cgi/hobbitperl-notes.sh?HOST=myhostname#
>

> 	The link is right, it should launch a javascript that
> will open a new
> 	page with the link.
> 	Can you check the source of the html page?
>

> Strange...I havn't changed anything, but now when I click the
> link, Firefox prompts me to download a binary file. I
> downloaded the file and it contains a small amount of binary
> data along with ".com".

It's strange... Can you check the source code and find the find where
the link is?
It should be something like:
<a onclick="javascript:window.open('http://www.dell.it')"
href="#">Homepage</a>

I've tested it and work with Explorer and Firefox 2 and it works good
(opening a new page). It's possible that you have to check for firefox
to let that site open popup windows (it will open a new window or new
page it depend from the settings of firefox).