[hobbit] Hobbit 4.1.2p2 release ?

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Tue May 30 10:34:13 CEST 2006

On Tue, May 30, 2006 at 09:56:40AM +0200, Frédéric Mangeant wrote:

> as there are already 5 patches (*) for Hobbit 4.1.2p1, don't you think a
> 4.1.2p2 version should be released ?
> Maybe it would save some time for Hobbit beginners ?

No, I am not planning that. The reason is that the patches mostly
address issues that will never show up in most installations, or
which are merely annoying, but not critical.

> hobbit-4.1.2p1-query.patch
This fixes the color returned by a bb "query" command for hosts
that have been disabled.

> hobbit-4.1.2p1-grouptitle.patch
This fixes a crash in bbgen when using "group-except".

> hobbit-4.1.2p1-history.patch
This fixes a crash in bbgen when parsing malformed history logs
for reporting.

> hobbit-4.1.2p1-fgets.patch
This fixes a crash in various parts of Hobbit when the bb-hosts
file has a newline at exactly 4 KB offset into the file.

> hobbit-4.1.2p1-doublehost.patch
This fixes the double host occurrence when using alternate pagesets
and hosts that appear on multiple pages in the default pageset.

The "fgets" patch is probably the most critical of those, since it
affects the core Hobbit programs. But the chance of hitting that
particular bug is extremely small.

So the next release will be 4.2, and it's not too far away. (Promise!)