bbgen core dump on "empty" alternate pages

Kolbjørn Barmen kolbjorn.barmen at uninett.no
Tue May 30 00:56:21 CEST 2006

I just noticed something today...

A few weeks ago I set up an alternate view "TESTING:" where I can put hosts
that are still not in production, but that might be interesting to monitor
by the people who are setting them up. As it was I had two such hosts.

A few days ago I moved those over to PROD: which left TESTING: empty - no
hosts. This caused bb-gen to core dump every time it tried to create the
page for TESTING: - I just noticed this when playing with the report
generator and noticed that the bbgen test for the server changed between
red and green every 5 minutes or so...

(I have not set up paging and email alerts yet - go figure ;) )

I fixed this by putting a dummy host in bb-hosts:
0.0.0.0         dummy         # TESTING: noconn noinfo notrends

However, I guess this can be fixed for 4.2 (if it isnt already) so I
thought I'd mention it. Hopefully I'm not the only one who can
reproduce this :)

--
Kolbjørn Barmen
UNINETT Driftsenter