[hobbit] RECOVERED alerts still sent outside of TIME window

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Mon May 29 23:29:10 CEST 2006

Hi Eric,

On Thu, Dec 08, 2005 at 11:19:15AM -0500, Schwimmer, Eric E *HS wrote:

> We just had one of our engineers get a rude awakening last night by a UPS
> that had recovered from an error;  I had thought that the RECOVERED pages
> were under the same TIME restrictions as normal alerts, but a quick look
> at the code leads me to believe that this is not so.

you're right that the recovery-messages are not filtered through the
TIME restrictions. I seem to recall there was a bit of discussion about
this quite some time ago, where some people requested that they be
informed about recoveries, whether they were inside the time-window
or not.

After thinking about this for 5 minutes, I've decided to change the
behaviour so recovery messages are dropped if they happen outside of
the permitted TIME setting. If anyone thinks this is wrong, speak up
now.