[hobbit] ALERTS time of day problem

Mike Rowell Mike.Rowell at Rightmove.co.uk
Mon May 29 23:09:21 CEST 2006

Henrik,

Thought it might be something like that, as a temporary fix I've created
three different versions of the hobbit-alerts.cfg file and set cronjob's
to move them into place as and when they are required.

If we've got a beta due I'll wait for that, try it on my dev platform
first if it's okay for a day I'll move it to the test (which is actually
the redundant BB server), then to live, probably early week after the
beta.

Mike

-----Original Message-----
From: Henrik Stoerner [mailto:henrik at hswn.dk]
Sent: 29 May 2006 20:55
To: hobbit at hswn.dk
Subject: Re: [hobbit] ALERTS time of day problem

On Mon, May 29, 2006 at 06:17:59PM +0100, Mike Rowell wrote:
> Henrik,
>
> Thanks for the reply, the alert is being picked up on the following
> line
>
>     MAIL=support SERVICE=aq COLOR=RED FORMAT=SMS DURATION>5 REPEAT=1h
> TIME=W:0900:1700 STOP
>
> Which is line 130 of the hobbit-alert.cfg file.  The thing is that it
> just alerted me at 18:10, which is outside of the TIME setting for
> this entry.  Any ideas as to what to try next?  Here's the
> notifications log entries for that alert
>
> Mon May 29 18:11:05 2006 server.aq (10.8.2.1) systems 1148922665 0 Mon

> May 29 18:11:05 2006 server.aq (10.8.2.1) support 1148922665 0

You mentioned you were running the 4.2pre version, which is a rather
early snapshot of the 4.2 release. I do believe this has been fixed in
the current code; what happens is that basically the alert code would
ignore the general criteria like TIME when used together with a MAIL
setting.

So - I'd like you to try it out with the current snapshot (which will be
a beta-release in a day or two).

hobbit-unsubscribe at hswn.dk

This email has been scanned for all viruses by the MessageLabs service.