[hobbit] ALERTS time of day problem

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Sun May 28 17:17:04 CEST 2006

On Thu, May 25, 2006 at 09:06:53AM +0100, Mike Rowell wrote:

> Hobbit has been running fine and we've starting making finer grained
> control on the alerts so that we don't get paged out of hours for stuff
> that we don't need to deal with.  Below is the hobbit-alerts entries.
> The problem is that last night at 03:30am we were called out for an
> alert on the aq service which according to how the alert is setup should
> only be paging us between 0900 and 1700 weekdays.  This is on 4.2PRE, we
> have newer snapshots running in test but I don't want to upgrade this
> platform unless I have to as it is running completely stable except for
> this TIME problem.

Please add "--cfid" to the hobbitd_alert CMD line in hobbitlaunch.cfg.
Next time this happens, the subject of the alert will include a
"[cfid:NUMBER]" text which is the line-number of your hobbit-alerts.cfg
configuration that triggered this alert.

Also, it would be interesting to see your notifications.log entries for
these alerts.