[hobbit] Problem with links in alert emails?

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Thu May 25 16:52:01 CEST 2006

On Thu, May 25, 2006 at 11:16:55AM +1000, Daniel Streefkerk wrote:

> Once I switched over, I noticed that if I clicked on a link in an email,
> I got the message "Invalid Request". I then went and checked what the
> proper URL was meant to be, and noticed the difference:
>
> Real/Working Link:
> http://linux/hobbit-cgi/bb-hostsvc.sh?HOST=printsrv.domain.local&SERVICE=msgs
>
> Link in Email:
> http://linux/hobbit-cgi/bb-hostsvc.sh?HOST=printsrv.domain.local&SERVICE=msgs
>
> Is there any way to fix this quickly myself?, or do I have to wait until
> the next release?

The quick-and-dirty fix is to change the formatting string used in
lib/cgiurls. Near the beginning of the file you'll find this line:

sprintf(url, "%s/bb-hostsvc.sh?HOST=%s&SERVICE=%s", cgibinurl, hostname, service);

Remove the "amp;" thing so it becomes

sprintf(url, "%s/bb-hostsvc.sh?HOST=%s&SERVICE=%s", cgibinurl, hostname, service);

This is not the correct fix, since it will generate links inside the
webpages that are strictly not HTML 4 compliant. But all browsers that I
know will accept these. The correct fix involves changing a bit more
code.