[hobbit] hobbitping oddities

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Mon May 22 23:10:49 CEST 2006

On Mon, May 22, 2006 at 04:57:04PM -0400, Schwimmer, Eric E *HS wrote:

> More info: this doesn't look like its exclusive to hobbitping.
> I swapped hobbitping out for fping, and I'm still getting a lot of
> the red->green->red flapping when a host is unreachable.

Which could point again at a problem with the re-tests.

What interval do you use for the normal tests (i.e. the interval you
run the [bbnet] task?) Is it the default 5 minutes, or have you lowered
it ?

I'd be interested to know if disabling the [bbretest] task makes this
flapping go away.

--
Henrik Storner